Delicious and easy vegan Shakshuka – made entirely without tofu! Wonderfully more-ish and perfect for your vegan Sunday brunch.
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 red pepper, diced
- olive oil for frying
- smoked paprika
- black pepper
- sea salt to taste
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp tomato relish (optional)
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tin of cherry tomatoes (or a second tin of chopped)
- a handful of kale, roughly chopped
- dairy-free yogurt
- fresh parsley
- freshly toasted bread
- Vegan Scrambled Eggs
- If you’d like to serve your Vegan Shakshuka with vegan scrambled eggs, then begin with the recipe you can find here. Once one, place them aside for later use. If you’re leaving out the ‘eggy’ part of this dish, skip ahead to step 2.
- Heat a splash of olive oil n a large frying pan, and sauté your onions until translucent. Add the crushed garlic and cook for 1 minute before adding the celery and red pepper. Cook for 3 minutes to soften and stir regularly,.
- Add in the chopped tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, tomato paste and tomato relish (optional). Sprinkle the spices over the top and stir to combine. Reduce to low/medium heat and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add in the kale (and vegan scrambled eggs), then stir to combine and serve warm with parsley, fresh yogurt and toasted bread.
Keywords: vegan shakshuka, easy vegan shakshuka, vegan shakshuka no tofu, vegan scrambled egg