Spice up your tofu game with this delicious Sticky BBQ Tofu recipe! Perfect served up with rice, on a buddha bowl, with a stir fry – or whatever your tastebuds desire.
- 280g extra firm tofu
- 3 Tbsp cornflour
- rapeseed oil for frying
- 1 carrot, julienne
- 1 yellow pepper, thinly sliced
For the sauce:
- 1 Tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp smoked paprika powder
- 1 tsp sriracha
- 1/2 Tbsp cornflour
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium/high heat. Add rapeseed oil for frying.
- Prepare the firm tofu by pulling it into bite-size pieces with your hands. Coat each piece generously in cornflour and place the tofu into the hot pan in a single layer.
- Flip the tofu pieces regularly and let them evenly cook until golden and slightly crispy.
- Set the crispy tofu aside and add the carrots and pepper to the pan. Cook until softened, then add the tofu back in and reduce to low/medium heat.
- Blend all ingredients for the sauce to create a thick, but runny paste, then pour the sauce over the tofu & veg. Toss and stir to evenly coat the tofu and remove from the heat as the sauce thickens and sticks to the tofu.
- Serve alongside rice, a stir fry or a buddha bowl. Enjoy!
Serve with rice, as a stir fry, on a buddha bowl – or alongside whatever your heart desires!
Ensure the pan and oil are hot before adding the tofu to avoid soggy, oily tofu bites.
Be generous with the cornflour coating on your tofu!
Keywords: tofu, BBQ tofu, tofu recipe, recipe, spicy tofu, spicy tofu recipe, sticky tofu, sticky tofu recipe