Deliciously chunky vegan Harry Potter Christmas cookies – (almost) like Mrs Weasley used to make them!
This recipe is one of my favourites from childhood and also the first cookie recipe I ever tested out by myself. It originates from a recipe I found in the cover of my Harry Potter tapes and was named ‘Mrs Weasley’s Christmas cookies’. I’ve veganised the recipe since to still enjoy these delicious and addictive chocolate cookies nowadays.
- Preheat your oven to 180C.
- Combine 3 Tbsp flaxseed with 5 Tbsp water in a small bowl and set aside in the meantime.
- Use the time to shred your chocolate (unless you’re using ready-made sprinkles) and combine it with the flour, baking powder, ground hazelnuts and cacao powder.
- In a separate bowl whisk the soft vegan butter with the coconut sugar and flax “egg”, then gently pour this wet mix into the dry ingredients and combine.
- Use 2 teaspoons to portion the cookies onto a non-stick baking parchment, leaving at least 1-1.5 inches in between the cookies as they can drastically expand during the baking process.
- Don’t worry about the shape of the cookies too much, they will mostly flatten out during the baking time, but if you want to ensure you get neat cookies, simply roll each cookie dough portion in your hand to neaten it.
- Bake in the middle of your oven for 12-15 minutes, then remove from the oven and let them cool down completely before removing them from the parchment.
- Enjoy & share with friends and family!
The cookies will be very soft when they first come out of the oven, so place them aside to cool down first before removing them from the baking parchment.
Keywords: harry potter cookies, harry potter recipes, vegan chocolate cookies, vegan harry potter recipes