For those nights where all you want is a hearty & healthy dish: this Easy Vegan Red Lentil Dhal is your friend!
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- a little oil for frying
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp curry powder
- 1 Tbsp garam masala
- 120g red lentils (dried)
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes (400g)
- 1 tin coconut milk (400g)
- salt & pepper to taste
- chilli powder (optional)
- fresh coriander
- coconut yogurt
- spring onions
- sesame seeds
- Add a splash of oil to a frying pan over medium heat and add your chopped onions. Cook for a minute, then add the minced garlic and cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Next sprinkle in the curry powder and garam masala, followed by the dried red lentils. Gently stir to combine everything. If you like it spicier, add in some chilli powder (optional).
- Pour in the chopped tomatoes and coconut milk, then reduce the heat to low and cook for 20-25 minutes, stirring every couple of minutes. In the meantime you can prepare some rice to serve the dhal with!
- Your dhal is cooked when the red lentils are soft and have used up the majority of the liquid in your pan. Serve with the rice, coconut yogurt and fresh herbs & enjoy!
Keywords: easy vegan red lentil dhal, vegan dhal recipe, vegan dhal, red lentil dhal