These delicious BBQ Skewers with Pineapple Curry Sauce are perfect for BBQs and summer snacks, especially with the gorgeous curry sauce!
- 1/2 of a medium sized pineapple
- 1 small onion
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- 3 Tbsps coconut yogurt
- 1 tsp ginger powder (or use a 1/2 inch piece of fresh ginger, finely minced)
- a splash of soy sauce
- salt & pepper to taste
- Your favourite veggies! We used mushrooms, courgette, bell peppers & tofu for our tasty skewers
- Start by washing & chopping your veggies (& tofu if you add some to yours!) into bite-sized chunks. If you use mushrooms, simply wash them and do not chop them, as they shrink when they are grilled.
- Add the veggies to your skewers, nicely mix them up to create colourful skewers.
- Drizzle a little oil on top and place them on your grill. If – like me – you live in a London flat without garden, you can also place the skewers into your oven and bake them on the grill setting of your oven for about 10-15 minutes.
- In the meantime, start preparing your sauce by chopping up the pineapple (skin removed of course!).
- Add the pineapple to a high-speed blender alongside the remainder of the ingredients. Blend on high until smooth, then transfer into a small dish to use for dipping.
- Once grilled, remove the skewers from the oven or grill, and serve with a little pineapple sauce drizzled on top!
Keywords: pineapple bbq sauce, vegan bbq sauce, vegan bbq recipes, vegan skewers, pineapple curry sauce