Zesty & crunchy vegan turmeric energy balls recipe - created with apricots, cashews, and coconut. Easy to make in a food processor or blender.
- 140g dried apricots (1 cup)
- 140g cashews (1 cup), (soaked for a minimum of 3-4 hrs in cold water or 20 minutes in boiling water)
- 20g desiccated coconut (¼ cup)
- 2 Tbsp vegan protein powder, vanilla flavoured
- 2 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Juice of half a lemon
- Optional: roughly chopped cashews for decoration
- Transfer all ingredients to a food processor and process until you get a thick, sticky mixture that's well combined.
- Transfer the mix into a bowl and place it in the fridge for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Using a teaspoon and your hands, form the turmeric energy balls and place them onto a non-stick parchment.
- Roll them in some finely chopped cashews for an extra crunch (optional) and enjoy!
Store these in the fridge in an airtight container.
Alternatively you a food processor or blender, you can also utilize a stick blender to make these vegan energy balls. I've tried this out before and it's worked perfectly, it's just a little more hands-on than a food processor.
Nutrition information for reference only.
- Serving Size: 1 energy ball
- Calories: 267
- Sugar: 12.1
- Sodium: 48.3mg
- Fat: 15.5
- Saturated Fat: 4.7
- Unsaturated Fat: 10.8
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 24.7
- Fiber: 4.2
- Protein: 11.5
- Cholesterol: 0.7mg
Keywords: vegan energy balls, vegan turmeric energy balls, turmeric energy balls, vegan protein snacks, vegan protein recipes, high protein recipes, high protein vegan snacks