Deliciously creamy and more-ish vegan seafood pasta recipe for a special dining experience!
- 250g Tagliatelle
- 100g Cashews, soaked for at least 4-6 hours or overnight
- 2 Nori Seaweed Sheets, crushed
- Juice of 1 large lemon, unwaxed
- ½ tsp Freshly cracked black pepper
- 100ml filtered water
- 1 Tbsp vegan butter
- ½ Onion, finely diced
- 1 Garlic clove, minced
- 200g Spinach
- 100ml Vegan White wine (e.g. this one from Sainsburys)
- 1–2 tsp Dill
- 2 Tbsp Capers
- Salt & Black pepper to taste
- Nori Sprinkles for topping (optional)
- Soak the cashews in filtered water either overnight or for at least 4-6 hours. Drain and rinse the nuts, then place them in a high speed blender alongside the crushed nori sheets, lemon juice and black pepper. Pour in 100 ml of filtered water and blend on high speed until smooth (2-3 minutes).
- In the meantime, cook the Tagliatelle according to packaging instructions.
- Add 1 Tbsp vegan butter to a large frying pan over medium, alongside the diced onion and minced garlic. Briefly saute until the onion becomes translucent, then add 200g of washed, fresh spinach to the pan.
- Let the spinach wilt and reduce in size, then carefully pour out the excess liquid from the pan. Pour in 100ml of vegan white wine and stir well.
- Pour in the sauce from the blender – add a little of the pasta water to the blender in order to pour out the last bit of the sauce. Stir the sauce well, then reduce the heat and let it simmer for about 10 minutes. In the meantime drain the pasta.
- Sprinkle in the dill and capers, then add the pasta to the pan and gently combine with the sauce. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve with nori sprinkles on the top.
- Enjoy with a glass of your favourite vino!
Keywords: Vegan Seafood Pasta, seafood pasta, vegan pasta recipe, creamy vegan pasta recipe, creamy pasta recipe, fancy pasta recipe, vegan tagliatelle recipe, vegan pasta sauce recipe