Snack-a-licious – this Vegan Sausage Roll Recipe is simply delicious & easy to make at home
What you’ll need to make this Vegan Sausage Roll Recipe
For the filling:
- Firm tofu
- Smoked paprika
- Cayenne pepper
- Sea salt, fine
- Black pepper
- Nutritional yeast
- Soy sauce
How to make this Vegan Sausage Roll Recipe
First off, get your oven ready by preheating to 180ºC.
How to prepare your vegan sausage filling
While the oven is heating up, place the entire block of your firm tofu into a large mixing bowl and use the back of a fork to mash it into a crumble and add your crushed cloves of garlic.
In a separate bowl, mix together all your other herbs and spices before adding your nutritional yeast and soy sauce to the mix and adding that to the mashed up tofu.
Now, slowly add flour to help thicken the mixture and you’re left with a nice thick consistency. If necessary, feel free to adjust how much flour you use.
Assembling your vegan sausage rolls
Unroll your puff pastry sheet and add a good amount of filling to the bottom. Then, gently roll the puff pastry up and cut into 3cm bitesize pieces. Repeat this process until you’ve used up all your vegan/vegetarian sausage filling.
Next, carefully place your sausage rolls onto a lined baking tray (lined with a baking sheet that is) and brush the almond milk on top of each one – this will act as a kind of egg wash.
All you have to do now is cook them in the oven for 25 minutes, or until they turn golden brown.
This recipe is:
- 100% vegan
- Easy to make gluten free with GF puff pastry
- egg free
- dairy free
- perfect for parties
- easy to make
- full of flaky puff pastry goodness!
- super delicious and snackable!
- totally meat free (obviously!)
Snack-a-licious – this Vegan Sausage Roll Recipe is simply delicious, oven-baked & super easy to make at home.
- 1 sheet of vegan puff pastry (or gluten free puff pastry don’t worry, it’s also vegan 😊)
- 2 Tbsp almond milk
For the filling:
- 400g firm tofu
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, fine
- 1/2 black pepper, ground
- 4 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 50–70g flour
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place the entire block of firm tofu inside a large mixing bowl and mash into crumble using the back of a fork. Add the crushed garlic cloves to the tofu.
- Place all herbs and spices into a separate bowl and mix thoroughly. Add nutritional yeast and soy sauce, then add the mixture to the tofu.
- Slowly add the flour so the mixture thickens until you get a thick consistency. Adjust the amount of flour if necessary.
- Unroll your puff pastry and add a suitable amount of filling onto the bottom of your sheet.
- Gently roll the puff pastry and slice roughly 3 cm in length, perfect bite size! Continue until puff pastry and filling is finished.
- Carefully place the sliced sausage rolls onto a baking tray with baking paper. Then brush almond milk on the top of each sausage roll.
- Place in the oven for 25 minutes or until your vegan mini sausage rolls are golden.
Keywords: vegan sausage rolls, vegan mini sausage rolls, tofu sausage roll, vegan sausage roll
If you’re looking for more delicious vegan snack recipes, then you’ll love these: