Delicious Vegan Rice Paper Rolls Recipe – as easy as they are tasty, these vegan rolls are perfect for a light, healthy, and filling dinner! Made with rice paper, carrots, avocado, and lots of veggies!
- 5–6 spring roll wrappers
- 2 carrots, finely sliced
- 1 avocado, finely sliced
- 1/2 cucumber, finely sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- (optional) fried tofu sticks, thinly sliced
- A handful of rice noodles
- 2 tbsp smooth peanut butter (32g)
- 1 tbsp tamari soy sauce (15 ml)
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- A little water
- Sesame Seeds for sprinkling on top
- Wash and chop all your vegetables into long, thin strips.
- Boil 2 cups of water and pour into a medium-sized bowl and add your rice vermicelli. Soak them until they’re soft and then drain the water.
- To make your satay sauce put the peanut butter, soy sauce, toasted sesame oil, ginger powder and Apple Cider Vinegar in a bowl. Whisk everything together with a fork until the peanut butter is broken down and the sauce nice and smooth. Feel free to add some water as you go along until you’re left with a consistency that you’re happy with.
- It’s time to wrap thing up! Hold a rice wrapper under running water, then let the excess water drip down and place the wrapper on a chopping board.
- Place your fillings to the middle of the bottom half of the wrapper. When I did this, I started off with the avocado, then added the cucumber, carrots and pepper on the top and finished with a spoonful of rice vermicelli. Whilst you are adding the filling, the rice wrapper will soak up the water from the tap and become soft.
- To close the rice wrapper, fold the sides over your fillings, then hold them in place with your ring fingers whilst you carefully roll from the bottom to the top until your rice paper roll is closed. Gently press the edge of the rice paper, then place it on a separate plate. Repeat until all spring roll wrappers are used up, or you run out of veggies to fill them with.
- Drizzle a little satay sauce dipping sauce on top alongside some sesame seeds, then place the leftover sauce in a small bowl for dipping.
Keywords: Vegan summer rolls, asian food, vegan dinner, vegan rice paper rolls, peanut sauce