Simple, yet delicious recipe for vegan rice noodle salad with a scrumptious peanut dressing - super quick and easy to prepare. Beware: addictive! 😉
- 50g rice noodles
- 1/4 cucumber
- 2 spring onions
- 30g edamame beans
For the peanut dressing:
- 1 tsp (heaped) natural smooth peanut butter (I used Meridian)
- 1/4 tsp ginger powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp tamari soy sauce
- a spritz of sriracha (optional)
- 3 tsp water
- Cook the rice noodles according to packaging instructions. Rinse with cold water and drain.
- Wash and cut the quarter of a cucumber into bite size chunks.
- Chop up the 2 spring onions into small rings, removing the ends.
- Prepare the sauce by adding the peanut butter, ginger powder, garlic powder, apple cider vinegar, tamari soy sauce, sriracha and water to a small bowl. Using a fork or whisk gently stir until the peanut butter has broken down and combined into a smooth dressing with the rest of the ingredients.
- Combine everything in a large mixing bowl and either serve immediately or place in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- This recipe is naturally gluten free, just ensure to use a gluten free soy sauce.
- You can also eat this dish heated up, simply swap out the cucumber for courgette and gently steam it above your rice noodles during the preparation process.
- Serving Size: 1 portion
- Calories: 419
- Sugar: 9.1
- Sodium: 772
- Fat: 9.1
- Saturated Fat: 1.7
- Unsaturated Fat: 7.5
- Carbohydrates: 70.2
- Fiber: 10.1
- Protein: 16.9
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: vegan lunchbox, vegan rice noodle salad, peanut dressing