Vegan Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake - with a delicious vegan pie crust and creamy pumpkin cheesecake filling. Purely addictive!
The ingredients listed below are sufficient for a 9 inch tin.
For the pie crust:
- 200g plain flour
- 60ml water or plant milk
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 115g vegetable shortening (I used Trex)
For the cheesecake filling:
- 100g cashews, soaked for at least 4-6 hours or boiled in water for at least 20 minutes
- 300g pumpkin puree (homemade or store-bought)
- 85g maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 150ml plant milk
- 1 tsp Agar Agar powder
- To create the pie crust combine all ingredients in a Magimix with dough insert. Alternatively you can mix the ingredients by hand using a hand pastry blender until the dough forms a firm ball. Cover the dough in cling film or parchment and place it in the fridge for 15-20 minutes.
- In the meantime prepare your cheesecake filling by boiling 100g cashews in a little water for 15-20 minutes or until soft. You can also soak the cashews for 4-6 hours beforehand, but if you're short in time the boiling method works just perfectly fine.
- Remove the dough from the fridge, it should be nice and firm. Without holding it in your hands for too long, place it in between 2 sheets of non-stick baking parchment. Using a rolling pin, roll out the pastry dough to around 0.5 cm thickness.
- Carefully place the pastry sheet into a greased pie tin, cutting off any excess dough - you can use this for your pastry decoration and get creative!
- Pierce the dough about 4-5 times with a fork, then place a parchment sheet on the top to cover it. Fill in your baking beans (you can also use dried legumes or rice!) and bake on 180C for 15-20 minutes.
- For the cheesecake filling, combine all ingredients in a blender - leaving the 150ml plant milk and Agar Agar aside.
- Remove your pastry crust from the oven once golden, removing the baking beans and parchment. Set aside until your cheesecake filling is ready.
- In a small saucepan, bring the 150ml plant milk and Agar Agar powder to a light bubble whilst continuously whisking.
- The next steps have to happen quickly: Take the Agar mix off the heat and pour it straight into the blender with your cheesecake mix. Blend instantly until fully mixed, then pour into your pie crust immediately.
- Smooth out the top of your cheesecake and place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before decorating and serving.
I love to serve this Vegan Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake with homemade pumpkin spice granola (recipe coming soon!) and a simple & delicious salted caramel drizzle.
Keywords: pumpkin pie, vegan pumpkin pie, pumpkin cheesecake, vegan pumpkin pie cheesecake, pumpkin pie cheesecake