Vegan pumpkin brownies – brownies with a little bit of seasonal spice! These brownies are a great addition to your seasonal baking repertoire. Created with melted vegan chocolate, and topped with a spiced pumpkin cheesecake mixture, that cuts wonderfully through the dark chocolate flavour of the brownies. Perfect for Halloween, autumn, or any other time of the year, really.
- 200g gluten-free flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 50g caster sugar
- 50g dark muscovado sugar
- 200g melted dark chocolate
- 270 ml plant milk (I used soya)
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
For the pumpkin mix:
- 90ml vegan yoghurt (greek-style)
- 90g pumpkin puree
- 3 tbsp maple syrup (45 ml)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- a pinch of nutmeg
- a pinch of ground cloves
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- Preheat your oven to 180°C and line a brownie tin.
- Sift the gluten-free flour baking powder cacao powder salt and cinnamon into a large bowl. Stir in the caster sugar and the dark muscovado sugar and set aside.
- In the meantime, melt your dark chocolate over a double boiler. Stir the plant milk and apple cider into a jug and set aside to curdle for 10 minutes.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whipped together the vegan yoghurt, pumpkin purée, maple syrup, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves until smooth. Dissolve the cornstarch in a little bit of water and whisk it into the mix.
- Next, stir the dark chocolate and the plant milk mixture into your dry ingredients for the brownie batter. It’s best to combine everything with a spatula until well combined, but don’t overmix.
- Transfer the brownie mixture into your lined tin, and add dollops of the pumpkin mix onto the top. Use a toothpick to create little swirls and to combine the pumpkin mixture with the brownies a little bit. Transfer the brownie tin to the oven and bake at 180°C (356°F) for 40 to 45 minutes or until the top is glossy.
- Carefully remove the brownie tin from the oven and allow for the brownies to cool down for at least 20 minutes before slicing.
- Enjoy these brownies on their own or alongside a dollop of vegan ice cream.
If you love pumpkin flavour, stir a spoonful of the pumpkin mix into the brownie mixture, before pouring it into your brownie tin.
Store these brownies in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Keywords: Pumpkin brownies, vegan brownies, vegan pumpkin brownies, brownie recipes, vegan brownie recipe, Halloween recipes, vegan Halloween recipes, vegan autumn recipes, vegan fall recipes,