Deliciously more-ish vegan cookie dough truffles – with a gluten free, high protein, chocolate chip cookie dough base covered in dairy free chocolate.
If you’re looking for the perfect vegan protein snack, then these vegan protein cookie dough truffles are for you! This recipe started as an experiment, but I’ve been so obsessed with how they’ve worked out, that I’ve basically eaten the whole load in one sitting – and I’m not even sorry about it!
As I have teamed up with Herbalife UK to create this recipe, I have used their banana flavoured Tri Blend protein powder. At first I was a bit hesitant to go for a banana flavoured protein – my general protein preference of vanilla & chocolate is pretty basic after all – but I’m so so happy to have gone out of my comfort zone and am now totally obsessed with this banana flavour!
It gives these vegan cookie dough truffles a subtle taste of banana bread – something I can definitely get on board with!
Creating the Vegan protein cookie dough truffle base
For the base of these cookie dough truffles I am using both almond and coconut flour – in combination with 3 scoops for the Tri Blend protein powder, keeping the truffles naturally gluten free. The wet ingredients include vanilla extract (for some extra flavouring), coconut oil and also maple syrup to add some delicious sweetness.
You could totally create these without maple syrup, but bear in mind that you will need to replace this wet ingredient in order for the dough to become sticky enough to roll without crumbling. I could imagine that 2 Tbsp water will suffice, but I also have to admit that I have not tried and tested it with water, so be cautious.
The coconut oil helps mould the truffles and hold the cookie dough perfectly together when cooled, hence why I like to place the dough balls in the fridge before covering with chocolate, so they keep their shape for longer (unless I instantly devour them, that is!).
I love adding dairy free chocolate chips to the cookie dough – they had a great texture to every bite!
These vegan protein cookie dough truffles are:
- Gluten free
- dairy free
- high in protein
- easy to make
- totally addictive!
Simple & delicious Vegan Protein Cookie Dough Truffles – vegan, gluten free, high in protein & easy to prepare. The perfect high protein snack!
- 100g coconut flour
- 120g almond flour
- 3 scoops of Herbalife Tri Blend Banana Flavour
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil
- Handful of vegan chocolate chips
- 1 block melted vegan chocolate
- In a large mixing bowl combine coconut flour, almond flour, protein powder and a pinch of salt.
- Create a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and add in the vanilla extract, maple syrup and coconut oil, then stir to combine.
- Finally add in the vegan chocolate chips and incorporate them in the cookie dough using your hands.
- Form little balls out of the cookie dough – you should be able to get 8-12 cookie dough balls depending on the size. Place them in the fridge or freezer for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, melt a block of vegan chocolate over a double boiler. Once melted, remove the cookie dough balls from your fridge/freezer and drop them in the melted chocolate to coat. Use a fork to gently remove them from the chocolate bowl and place them on a freezer proof platter.
- Transfer the platter to the freezer for 10 minutes to set the chocolate coating.
- Enjoy instantly or keep in your fridge for up to 7 days.
Looking for more vegan protein recipes? Check out this selection on my blog!