Crunchy & wonderfully snack-y Vegan Kebab Popcorn – get your dips ready, cause we’re going in!
- 1 pack of Oumph! Kebab
- 5 Tbsp chickpea flour
- 2 tsp smoked paprika powder
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 100–150ml plant milk
- 5 tbsp plain breadcrumbs
- 500ml vegetable oil for frying
- Gently defrost your bag of Oumph! Kebab for about 15 minutes, before starting with the recipe. In the meantime slowly pre-heat your vegetable oil in a deep saucepan with a lid.
- Cut your Oumph! Kebab chunks into bite size popcorn chunks.
- In a small bowl combine chickpea flour, smoked paprika, sea salt, black pepper and plant milk until you get a thick, but runny texture. Place the breadcrumbs in a second bowl.
- Dip each Oumph! Kebab piece into the chickpea flour batter, let any excess drip off, then coat it in the breadcrumbs mix and carefully drop it into the hot oil. Repeat with the rest of the kebab pieces
- Place your kebab popcorn on a paper tower to drain any excess oil, then transfer it to an oven tray and keep warm in your oven on a low setting.
- Repeat until all bites are created and serve them hot alongside a delicious vegan dip!
You can also oven bake your Vegan Kebab Popcorn, however these till not come out as crispy. Bake at 190C for 12-15 minutes or until crunchy.
Keywords: vegan popcorn chicken, vegan kebab popcorn, vegan popcorn chicken recipe