Pairs wonderfully with your favourite pasta and is also great on sandwiches or in a creamy salad dressing for the extra kick of flavour!
- 1 handful of chopped kale
- 2 Tbsp chopped walnuts (I used California Walnuts!)
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 avocado
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- Food processor
- A small mason jar, washed with boiling water prior to adding the pesto!
- Now this is a simple one: cut off the stalks of the kale (if there are any left on it) and add all ingredients to a food processor.
- Process until you get a smooth paste - you may have to scrape the ingredients down the sides of the processor a few times until you get the desired texture.
- If you like to keep bigger chunks in your pesto, that’s of course totally down to you. I myself am more on the smoother side (no pun intended 😉).
- If you clean out a mason jar with boiling water, you can add the pesto to the jar afterwards. Seal and it will last in your fridge for at least 5 days.
Keywords: pesto, pasta, vegan, vegan pesto, kale