Delicious Vegan Kale Pesto Recipe with Walnuts - pairs wonderfully with your favourite pasta and is also great on sandwiches or in a creamy salad dressing for the extra kick of flavour!
Another vegan classic: Vegan Kale Pesto Recipe with Walnuts! Though created with a little bit of a twist by using kale and walnuts (oh and also avocado!) instead of basil and pine nuts in this tasty recipe. And it turned out super delicious!
This vegan pesto is perfect with some gnocchi, your favourite pasta (who doesn't love pesto pasta?!), with roasted veggies - and even spread across an aubergine and then roasted in the oven, yum! I’m getting foodie dreams by just thinking about it 😉
- Walnuts (I used California Walnuts!)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea salt
- Onion powder
- Black pepper
- Nutritional yeast
- Food processor
- A small mason jar, washed with boiling water prior to adding your kale walnut pesto!
This pesto recipe is super, super easy! All you have to really do is prep your ingredients and put them through a food processor... Let's get started!
Firstly, cut the stalks off of your kale (if there are any) and add all the ingredients to your food processor.
Now all you have to do is process the mixture, but be aware that it might stick to the sides of your processor so you might have to do some scraping to make sure everything gets evenly mixed.
Keep processing it until the pesto has a texture and consistency that you're happy with, if you want a chunky pesto that's fine - I prefer it smooth.
Finally, if you clean a mason jar with boiling water then you can keep the pesto in it, if you put it in the fridge then it should be good for at least five days. And that's it!
This recipe is:
- 100% vegan
- dairy free
- egg free
- undeniably delicious!
- full of flavour
- perfect for summer but also delicious all year round
Pairs wonderfully with your favourite pasta and is also great on sandwiches or in a creamy salad dressing for the extra kick of flavour!
- 1 handful of chopped kale
- 2 Tbsp chopped walnuts (I used California Walnuts!)
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 avocado
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- Food processor
- A small mason jar, washed with boiling water prior to adding the pesto!
- Now this is a simple one: cut off the stalks of the kale (if there are any left on it) and add all ingredients to a food processor.
- Process until you get a smooth paste - you may have to scrape the ingredients down the sides of the processor a few times until you get the desired texture.
- If you like to keep bigger chunks in your pesto, that’s of course totally down to you. I myself am more on the smoother side (no pun intended 😉).
- If you clean out a mason jar with boiling water, you can add the pesto to the jar afterwards. Seal and it will last in your fridge for at least 5 days.
Keywords: pesto, pasta, vegan, vegan pesto, kale
Love making homemade sauces, dips and dressings? Lucky for you I've dedicated whole section of my blog to exactly that! Here are some of my favourite recipes:
- Creamy Sun-dried Tomato Pasta Recipe
- Pineapple Curry BBQ Sauce Recipe
- Easy Vegan Caesar Salad Dressing
- The Ultimate Vegan Cheese Sauce Recipe
© Romy London / Romina Callwitz | All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images and content without permission. If you wish to re-publish any recipes or images, please get in touch via email. Thanks for your support!