Easy Vegan French Toast recipe that’ll make your mouth water! Using only whole food ingredients with a natural sweetness from banana & maple.
- 4 thick slices of soft bread (about 1-inch [2.5cm] thickness)
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 180ml plant milk
- 50g gram flour (chickpea flour)
- a pinch of salt
- Coconut oil for frying
- a drizzle of maple syrup
- a dollop of dairy-free yogurt
- fresh berries to top
- a handful of banana chips for a crunch
- Place the ripe banana into a food processor alongside the maple syrup, cinnamon and plant milk and process until smooth.
- Place the chickpea flour in a shallow bowl and stir through a pinch of salt, then pour the banana mix into the middle and whisk everything together into a smooth batter.
- Place your bread slices into the mix, allowing to sit and soak for 1 minute on each side. In the meantime heat a little coconut oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Allow for any excess batter to drip off your slices and place them into the hot pan. Fry them for 3-4 minutes without moving the toast, then carefully flip and cook on the second side for another 3-4 minutes. Continue to cook and flip regularly until your french toast is golden on both sides.
- Serve your vegan french toast with a drizzle of maple syrup, a dollop of vegan yogurt, fresh or stewed berries, and a few banana chips on top for an extra crunch.
Keywords: vegan french toast, french toast, banana french toast, vegan brunch, vegan breakfast