- 2 slices bread
- 1/2 pack of Quorn Fishless Fingers
- Vegan Margarine
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp vegan mayo
- 1/4 tsp fresh chopping mint
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Ketchup for serving (optional)
- Prepare the Quorn Fishless Fingers according to packaging instructions – I personally prefer preparing them in the oven, simply to not make them too oily.
- Lightly toast the bread slices in a toaster. By lightly pre-toasting them you ensure that you can easier spread the vegan margerine – however if you’re using ‘proper’ German bread this might not be necessary 😉
- Spread a little margerine on one side of each slice of bread, then toast the bread in the warm oven until golden.
- Top with the fishless fingers and Ketchup and you’re ready to dig in!
- To prepare the mushy peas for the side, simply place the frozen peas with a little oil in a saucepan on medium heat and slowly defrost the peas whilst stirring regularly. Once defrosted add a little salt and pepper and the mint.
- If – like me – you like your mushy peas with some texture, simply use a potato masher to mash the peas in the saucepan. If you prefer a smoother texture, simply add the cooked peas to a food processor and blend until the desired texture is created.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 486
- Sugar: 5.9
- Fat: 22.4g
- Saturated Fat: 10.9g
- Carbohydrates: 50.1g
- Protein: 44g
Keywords: fish finger sandwich, fish finger sandwich recipe, vegan fish finger sandwich