These delicious vegan kale crisps are my absolute go-to when it comes to healthy, vegan snacks! So easy to prepare and all you need is an oven!
- Preheat your oven to 80C.
- Wash and de-stem your fresh kale, then rip it into bite size chunks with your hands and place it into a large bowl.
- Drizzle 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil onto the kale, followed by the nutritional yeast flakes, onion powder and a sprinkle of salt.
- Mix using a large spoon or your hands to ensure the kale is evenly coated.
- Place the kale on a lined baking tray in a single layer and place it in the oven for about 15-20 minutes to begin with. Leave the oven door slightly open – best use a wooden spoon to keep the door a few centimetres open. Check back regularly to ensure it evenly crisps up and does not burn (this will happen quicker than you think!). After 15-20 minutes turn the kale chips, so they can evenly crisp up.
- Enjoy right away or keep in an airtight container to keep them crunchy!
Keywords: kale, vegan cheese and onion kale chips, kale chips, kale crisps, cheese & onion kale chips, cheese & onion kale crisps. vegan snacks, savoury snacks