Deliciously easy spiced vegan apple pockets – indulgent and more-ish with a special ingredient: marzipan!
- 1 vegan puff pastry sheet (I use Jusrol)
- 2 large apples
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1 Tbsp raisins
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 30g marzipan (I use BuyWholefoodsOnline)
- 1–2 Tbsp plant milk (for brushing)
- Preheat your oven to 180C.
- Start by peeling, de-coring and chopping the apples into small chunks.
- Cut the marzipan into small cubes and add them to a large mixing bowl alongside the apple chunks, ginger, raisins, cinnamon and lemon juice.
- Unroll the pastry sheet on the kitchen counter and cut it into 6 even rectangles (almost square!)
- Fill 1-2 Tbsp of the apple filling into the middle of each pastry rectangular, then fold over the edges to create a triangular, locking the filling in the middle. Brush a little plant milk on the outer edges and use a fork to press the edges together.
- Decorate your pockets to your liking (optional). I like doing some light scoring across the top to create a nice pattern – but be careful not to fully cut through the pastry sheet or the apple filling will ooze out during the baking process.
- Brush the top of the apple pockets with a little plant milk and place in the oven at 180C for 15-20 minutes or until golden.
- Serve hot or cold with vegan custard on the side.
Keywords: apple pockets, vegan apple pockets, vegan hot pockets, vegan marzipan recipes, apple recipes, easy vegan recipes