Deliciously warming roasted butternut squash soup - topped with crunchy pesto roasted butter beans. This recipe is vegan, gluten free, dairy free, easy to make and suitable for the entire family!
- 1 medium size butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and cubed
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 stock cube
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 700ml hot water
- salt & pepper to taste
For the butter beans:
- 1 can butter beans (400g)
- 2 Tbsp vegan pesto (I used Mr Organic)
- Preheat your oven to 200C.
- Place the butternut squash cubes onto a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper and toss to coat evenly. Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes to roast.
- In the meantime prepare the butter beans - drain them from the can and combine them in a medium size bowl with 2 Tbsp vegan basil pesto. Place on a separate baking tray and add to the oven for the last 12-15 minutes with the squash.
- Transfer the roasted squash to a blender alongside the remainder of the ingredients and blend on a high speed until smooth.
- Pour the soup into a saucepan and heat for 2-3 minutes or until ready to serve.
- Sprinkle the pesto roasted butter beans on top of the soup and serve.
This soup is perfect for a simple meal prep - without the butter beans - and can easily be prepped and frozen ahead of time. The butter beans are best served straight from the oven so they keep their crispy texture.
If you like it creamy, why not add a spoonful of coconut yogurt upon serving!
Keywords: soup, vegan soup, butternut squash soup, roasted butternut squash