Made with only natural, vegan ingredients, such as toasted nuts and dried fruits - these no-bake cinnamon rolls are a great sweet summer dessert with delicious spices!
For these No Bake Cinnamon Rolls you only need a few ingredients:
Nuts - For the dough, we're using a mix of cashews, pecans and hazelnuts. The cashews add a creamy texture, the pecans a toasty, sweet caramel flavor and the hazelnuts add a wonderful nuttiness.
Flaxseeds - The flaxseeds are the binder for the cinnamon roll dough.
Maple - To sweeten the dough
Dried fruits - For the sweet cinnamon roll filling, we're using dried apricots and raisins. They are sweet and sticky and perfect for a natural filling!
Spices - The spices used in these cinnamon rolls are cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cardamom and cloves, alongside a little salt to balance the sweetness.
Coconut Oil - with coconut oil the blended fruits and spices come together in a delicious filling!
Cashew Butter - cashew butter is the base for the lemon glaze drizzled over the cinnamon rolls before serving.
Lemon Juice - adds a zesty flavor to the glaze!
These vegan cinnamon rolls are created in 3 parts: the dough, the filling and the drizzle. The drizzle is totally optional, but I definitely recommend it, as it adds a tasty lemon flavor!
Step 1 - First, create the cinnamon roll dough. For this, simply toast the nuts in the oven for 10 minutes, then pop them into a food processor with the rest of the dough ingredients. Pulse until you get a firm, sticky dough. Place the dough between 2 sheets of parchment and roll it into a 7-inch square.
Step 2 - For the filling, blend all ingredients until smooth, then spread the filling across the cinnamon roll dough. Roll it up firmly and place it in the freezer for 1 hour.
Step 3 - Once firm, but not frozen, carefully slice into 8 individual rolls. Whisk together all ingredients for the glaze and drizzle it on top.
And voila - your no-bake rolls are ready!
If you're missing any of the ingredients needed for this recipe, here are some recommendations to replace them:
- Nuts - If you don't have one of the nuts available, you can replace it in the dough with the same amount of another nut.
- Fruits - you swap the apricots for dried dates
- Spices - Cinnamon is key to this recipe, but if you're missing one of the other spices, you can leave it out and still have some tasty rolls. For the best flavor I recommend adding them all though.
If - like me - you love Pinterest, you can find me here & if you like, you can pin any of the images on this page to your boards 😊
No Bake Cinnamon Rolls
- parchment paper
For the dough:
- 75 grams cashew nuts
- 30 grams pecan nuts
- 30 grams hazelnuts
- 55 grams flaxseeds
- 1/4 tsp vanilla powder
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp water
For the filling:
- 30 grams dried apricots
- 30 grams raisins
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground cardamom
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 60 ml hot water
- 15 ml coconut oil, melted
For the glaze:
- 30 grams cashew butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2-4 tbsp water
- To create the no-bake cinnamon roll batter, start by placing the cashews, pecans and hazelnuts on a baking tray and toast them in the oven at 150C for 10 minutes. Allow for them to cool down, then transfer them to a food processor.
- Add the flaxseeds, vanilla powder, maple syrup and water to the processor and pulse until the ingredients are broken down and form a sticky, firm dough.
- Transfer the dough onto a parchment paper, top with a second parchment and roll out the dough evenly into a 7-inch square.
- Place all ingredients for the filling into a food processor or blender and blitz until smooth.
- Spread the cinnamon filling across the cinnamon roll batter, then carefully roll it up firmly.
- Transfer the roll to the freezer for 1 hour.
- Once firmed up, but not frozen, remove the roll from the freezer and slice it into 8 cinnamon rolls using a sharp knife.
- For the glaze, whisk up the ingredients in a small bowl and drizzle the glaze over the cinnamon rolls with a spoon.
- Store these no-bake cinnamon rolls in the fridge for up to 5 days and enjoy them alongside a cup of chai tea!
© Romy London / Romina Callwitz | All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images and content without prior permission. If you wish to re-publish this recipe, please get in touch via email. Thank you so much for supporting romylondonuk.com!