A super easy go-to midweek dinner: Miso Roasted Aubergine! It takes this delicious vegetable to a whole new level.
- 1 large aubergine
- 1 Tbsp white miso paste
- 2 tsp tamari soy sauce
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp water
- Preheat your oven to 190C. Wash the aubergine and cut it in half lengthwise.
- Using a small sharp knife cut a criss-cross pattern into each of the aubergine halves.
- Blend the remainder of the ingredients in a small bowl until smooth.
- Place your aubergine halves on a lightly greased baking tray, criss-cross pattern facing up. Gently spoon the miso mixture onto them, covering the top of both halves.
- Roast in the oven for 15 minutes, then serve the aubergine halves with rice and steamed veggies.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds (optional) – I’ve used the Sesame Toragashi Spice Blend by Wicked Kitchen, which gives it a special kick!
Keywords: miso aubergine, miso roasted aubergine, miso eggplant, miso roasted eggplant, easy midweek dinners