Deliciously creamy healthy vegan tiramisu jars – made with cashews in just a few simple steps!
- Soak the cashews for a minimum of 3-4 hours or ideally overnight. Drain and rinse.
- Place the cashews in a high speed blender along with the filtered water and blend until smooth for about 12-15 minutes. Regularly stop the blender during this process to scrape down the sides
- Towards the end of the blending process, add the maple syrup. Combine the cornstarch with 1 tsp water and also add it to the cashew mix.
- Equally divide the cashew cream into 2 medium sized bowls. Stir the chocolate spread into one, the vanilla into the other and set aside.
- Crumble the chocolate biscuits into a small bowl and add the espresso. The amounts here depend on the density of your biscuits – please adjust in order to achieve a sticky but firm mix.
- Press the biscuit mix into the bottom of your jar to create the base.
- Pour in the chocolate cashew cream and gently wiggle the jar to spread it on top of the base. Then add the vanilla layer.
- Finish off the jar with a sprinkle of cacao powder, chocolate or a crumbled up chocolate biscuit. Add the lid and place the jar in the fridge to set for at least 3-4 hours.
In a rush? Don’t worry, you can also boil the cashews in water for about 20 minutes to soften, and then rinse with enough cold water to cool them down again before continuing with the recipe.
If you’re using dark or unsweetened chocolate spread for the chocolate-y layer, but like it sweet, simply increase the amount of maple syrup added to 1 Tbsp.
The closed, refrigerated Tiramisu will last in the fridge for 3-4 days, if not eaten before that time 😉
Keywords: Vegan Tiramisu, Healthy Tiramisu, Tiramisu Jar