Gooey Chocolate Brownies with Marshmallow Frosting – vegan brownies using aquafaba, topped with vegan marshmallows to create the frosting!
I mean… who could say no when they hear ‘vegan chocolate brownies with marshmallow frosting’? I know I definitely can’t! These wonderful chocolate brownies are created to an easy vegan recipe and topped with vegan-friendly marshmallows to create the deliciously sweet and gooey marshmallow frosting. Simply heavenly!
What you’ll need to make Vegan Brownies with Marshmallow Frosting
- vegan chocolate
- dairy-free spread
- soft brown sugar
- plain flour
- cacao powder
- marshmallows (I used Dandies)
- a rectangular cake tin, ideally 20 x 20cm
How to make vegan brownies with marshmallow frosting
For this recipe, we first need to preheat the oven to 180°C (356°F). In the meantime, you can line a 20cm x 20cm square cake tin with non-stick baking parchment. For best results, also lightly grease the cake tin, so it’ll be easier to remove the brownies from the cake tin afterwards.
Once that’s all done, start by melting the vegan chocolate in a double boiler. I loved using the vegan Nomo chocolate for this recipe – it’s a wonderfully smooth milky chocolate version that’s simply perfect for use in cooking and other recipes. Once the chocolate is melted, add the dairy-free spread, brown sugar, and the melted vegan chocolate into a saucepan and melt over low heat whilst stirring until smooth and well combined.
In the meantime, prepare your aquafaba: ensure to use the chickpea water of an unsalted, organic tin of chickpeas and use an electric hand mixer to whip up the aquafaba into stiff peaks – this should take about 4-5 minutes roughly.
Transfer the melted chocolate mixture into a mixing bowl and stir in the whipped aquafaba. Use a sieve to add in the flour and cacao powder to avoid any lumps. Stir everything with a spatula to combine into a smooth brownie batter.
Pour the brownie mixture into the lined and greased cake tin and bake in the middle of the oven at 180°C (356°F) for 20-25 minutes. The brownies should be gooey, shiny and almost baked at this point. Carefully remove them from the oven and place the vegan marshmallows on top, then set the cake tin back into the oven and bake for a further 10-15 minutes or until the marshmallows are puffed up and golden. It’s best to stay nearby and check in on the oven regularly to ensure your marshmallows don’t expand like crazy. If they do, simply turn off the oven and open the door right away.
Once baked, remove everything from the oven and let your marshmallow brownies cool for 15 minutes before slicing. Enjoy!
This recipe is:
- 100% vegan
- the perfect treat!
- easily baked
- wonderful with the marshmallow frosting
Vegan Chocolate Brownies with Marshmallow Frosting – who could say no to that?! Made to a simple vegan brownie recipe using aquafaba and topped with vegan-friendly marshmallows to create a delicious sweet marshmallow frosting!
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (356°F) and line a 20cm x 20cm square cake tin.
- Start by melting the vegan chocolate in a double boiler. Place the dairy-free spread, brown sugar, and the melted vegan chocolate in a saucepan and melt over low heat whilst stirring until combined.
- Transfer the mixture into a mixing bowl and stir in the aquafaba. Sieve in the flour and cacao powder and stir to combine with a spatula.
- Pour into the lined cake tin and bake in the middle of the oven for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and place your Dandies Marshmallows on top, then set it back into the oven and bake for a further 10-15 minutes or until the marshmallows are golden.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool for 15 minutes before slicing. Enjoy!
Keywords: marshmallow brownies, vegan brownies, marshmallow frosting
Love chocolate? Check out some of these choco-licious recips from the blog: