Healthy and easy vegan turmeric latte recipe that brings some warmth to your heart! With cinnamon, ginger and cardamom.
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 3 strands of saffron
- a pinch of cracked black pepper
- 1 cardamom pod
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger powder
- 200 ml plant milk
- (optional) maple syrup or agave nectar for sweetness
- Add the turmeric, pepper, cinnamon, and ginger to a non-stick saucepan and turn on the stove on low heat. Allow for the spices to toast for a minute or two without burning them until they become fragrant.
- Add the plant milk and stir with a whisk. Rub the saffron between your fingers and add them to the mix.
- Continue to stir whilst your vegan turmeric latte heats to your desired temperature, make sure not to let it come to a boil.
- Once achieved your desired temperature, simply drain through a small sieve right into your cup. Sprinkle some cinnamon on the top and enjoy warm.
A little tip on the side: make sure that the mix does not start bubbling on the stove and whisk it regularly so that the spice mix does not stick to the bottom of your saucepan.
Ensure to use a saucepan, whisk, and mug that does not easily stain as turmeric can be very dominant in leaving its colour pretty much everywhere.
- Serving Size: 1 drink
- Calories: 108
- Sugar: 4.2
- Sodium: 138.1mg
- Fat: 3.5
- Saturated Fat: 0.5
- Unsaturated Fat: 3
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 13.3
- Fiber: 2.3
- Protein: 6.5
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: turmeric latte recipe, vegan turmeric latte recipe, easy turmeric latte recipe, how to make turmeric latte