A wonderfully fluffy & delicious Easy Vegan Rosemary Focaccia recipe – perfect to nibble & dip, with a glass of vino in the other hand!
- 400g bread flour
- 300–350ml water
- 1 sachet of dry active yeast (7g)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tbsp salt flakes
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh Rosemary
- Place the flour, dry yeast, salt and sugar in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Add the water little by little while continuing to mix – don’t add all the water at once, add just enough to get the right consistency of the dough. It’s supposed to be soft and sticky but not wet. Add 2 Tbsp of olive oil and gently knead with your hands for a few minutes.
- Sprinkle the surface of the dough with a little flour, then cover the bowl with cling film and leave the dough to rest for two hours in a warm place.
- After two hours, cover the bottom of a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Grease the paper with a little oil and place the dough on top. Flatten the dough with your hands gently pushing it to the corners. Leave the dough to rise for another 30 minutes.
- After half an hour, push the surface of the dough with your fingertips and brush with a little olive oil. Sprinkle salt flakes on top and garnish with fresh rosemary.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 180 degrees (fan, 200 degree static)
- Serve hot or cold with your favourite dips and salads!
Keywords: vegan focaccia, rosemary focaccia, simple focaccia recipe, basic focaccia recipe, easy vegan focaccia recipe, easy vegan rosemary focaccia