Easy Vegan Parmigiana Recipe - This delicious parmigiana is wonderfully cheesy and super easy to make and bake!
- 2 large aubergines (eggplants if you're in the US!)
- 1 block of vegan cheese
- 2 cups tomato sauce (either self-made or store-bought if it has to be quick)
- breadcrumbs (for a non-gluten-free option)
- Wash the aubergines and cut them lengthwise into slices about 5mm thick.
- Heat a large pan and grill the aubergine slices in there for about half a minute on both sides. Ensure not to use any oil or liquid for this as the slices are supposed to grill dry.
- Use an oven-proof dish and add a layer of the tomato sauce first, then a layer of aubergine slices, then salt, vegan cheese and basil. Repeat.
- End with a layer of tomato sauce, topped with cheese. If you don't want to go gluten-free, feel free to add some breadcrumbs to the top for an extra crunch.
- Bake everything for about 25 minutes at 190ºC.
- Enjoy the scent when it comes out of the oven - it is pure heaven!
Keywords: vegan parmigiana, parmigiana recipe, aubergine parmigiana, eggplant parmigiana