Easy Vegan French Toast Recipe - so simple to create with only a few ingredients, yet so delicious, it'll 'wow' you! The perfect vegan weekend breakfast!
- A couple of slices of bread
- 4 Tbsp + 1 tsp plant-based milk (+ extra to soak the bread)
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- Coconut oil for frying
- Your favourite toppings
- Take 1 slice of bread and place it in a deep plate (pasta plates are usually good for this!) pour in the plant based milk until it just about covers the slice.
- Whilst the slice is soaking, prepare the flour/milk mix: In a deep plate blend 1 part flour with 1.5 parts milk to create a batter. Stir in the cinnamon to your liking.
- Gently lift the slice out of the milk bowl and let the milk drip out - place the slice in the flour mix and let it soak for 20 seconds on each side, then gently place it in the frying pan after letting the excess batter drip off.
- Leave the pan on medium to high heat and don’t move the slice for the first 1-2 minutes to let the batter set on the bottom side of the slice. Once the batter has firmed on the bottom, carefully flip and repeat the 1-2 minutes rest. Repeat until both sides of the slice are lightly browned and the batter cooked. Don’t worry about the batter being cooked all the way through the slice - there are no eggs in here, so no risk for salmonella 😉
- I personally love it when the toast is still nice and moist on the inside - but if you like it crispy, then feel free to fry it a little longer! This will obviously depend on the thickness of your bread slices - I usually use slices that are about 1.5 cm thick, in case that helps you as a reference.
- Repeat with the rest of your slices, stack up to a portion size of your choice and: Get topping!
Keywords: vegan french toast, french toast recipe