Kids-friendly Easy Vegan Broccoli Tater Tots – delicious dipping, not only for the kids!
Kids-friendly Easy Vegan Broccoli Tater Tots – delicious dipping, not only for the kids! Easy to create with only a few simple ingredients.
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1 small head of broccoli
- 3–4 Tbsp bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 180C and line a baking sheet with non-stick parchment paper.
- Place the potato into a microwavable dish, cover it with a plate and microwave at high for 3 minutes or until they are easy to pierce with a knife but still too hard to eat. Remove from the microwave and let cool. You can also boil or steam the potatoes.
- In the meantime chop the broccoli into 2 inch pieces and microwave in the same way as potatoes for 1-2 minutes. Or, if using frozen and thawed broccoli, skip this step.
- Pulse the broccoli in a food processor, until it has the texture of couscous. Make sure to not over process the broccoli or it will be too wet. Scrape the sides of the food processor if necessary. Measure 1.5 cups of broccoli and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the potatoes to the food processor and pulse until it all comes together. Add the potato mixture to the bowl with broccoli, add the breadcrumbs, garlic powder and mix together.
- Scoop large spoonful of the mixture, shape tater tots with your hands. Arrange the tots on the prepared baking sheet, spacing them about 2cm apart.
- Bake for 8–9 minutes. Flip and then bake for an additional 5-6 minutes on the other side until golden.
Keywords: tater tots, kids friendly snacks, kids friendly recipes, vegan kids snacks