These delicious ‘meatballs’ make for the perfect quick, easy and delicious dinner!
- 1 tin of red kidney beans, drained
- 1/2 medium onion
- oil for frying
- 75g mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp Aminos liquid (alternatively use soy sauce)
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp liquid smoke
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika powder
- 5 Tbsp flour (use gluten-free option if desired)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Chop the onion and washed mushrooms and fry these shortly in a little oil until the onion begins to soften and become translucent.
- Drain the red kidney beans and add them to a blender alongside the rest of the ingredients & the onion.mushroom mix. Alternatively you can add everything to a bowl and puree with a stick blender (this is my preferred option to be honest)
- Fold the flour into the mixture and with your oiled hands create the ‘meatballs’
- For the low-calorie option add the balls to an ovenproof dish and bake at 200ºC for about 20 minutes. Alternatively, heat a little oil in your pan and fry the ‘meatballs’ in your pan. I would advise using a pan with a lid for this, as the oil can splash during the frying period.
- These ‘meatballs’ are great on a sandwich but also amazingly paired with Spaghetti & tomato sauce – like I did in the image above. But most importantly: enjoy!