These crispy baked falafels are the ultimate make-ahead savoury snack for your work week! They are delicious in combination with the tangy garlic tahini dip and easy to make in advance and store in the fridge.
- 1 tin of chickpeas, drained (240g)
- 1/2 white onion
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- a handful of fresh coriander, finely chopped (1/3 cup)
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp dried chili flakes
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 8 Tbsp chickpea flour
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3-4 tbsp sesame seeds for the coating (optional)
For the Garlic Tahini Dip:
- 110g tahini
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 3–4 Tbsp water
- Place the chickpeas into a food processor along with the onion and the garlic. Blend until texture is grainy, then add the coriander, sesame seeds, salt, pepper, dried chilli flakes, cumin and olive oil. Process until combined.
- Slowly add the chickpea flour to the mixture whilst processing. If the mixture is still very wet then keep adding chickpea flour until its firm enough roll into a ball.
- Take a small handful of the mixture and roll into roughly 5 x 5 cm balls. Roll them in the sesame seeds to coat evenly, then place the balls onto a lined baking tray.
- Bake the falafels in the oven for 20mins at 180°C.
- In a small bowl, whisk up the ingredients for the garlic tahini sauce and serve alongside your baked falafels.