It's already November! And cold autumn is finally here... and yes, winter is coming. Time to rely on some warming and nutritious comfort foods such as this Creamy Vegan Pumpkin Soup! It is creamy, warming, and the perfect mix of sweet and savory!
I have tried different options for the recipe, but here is what I have found to be the tastiest yet:
📌 If you love Pinterest you can pin any of the images to your boards!
You might also enjoy these recipes:
Creamy Pumpkin Soup
- 1 large saucepan
- 1 blender
- 1 brown onion chopped
- 1/2 pumpkin or butternut squash peeled and chopped
- 2 medium potatoes chopped
- 300 ml vegetable broth
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp rosemary
- 250 g mushrooms sliced
- oil for frying
- cayenne pepper to taste
- Chop the onion and add to a large saucepan with a little oil. Let the onion simmer on medium heat with a closed lid.
- Peel the pumpkin and remove the seeds. Cut the pumpkin into medium-sized cubes, and add the cubes to the onions. Repeat the with the sweet potatoes.
- Season with a little salt and pepper and leave to shortly fry before pouring in the broth. Cook the pumpkin/sweet potato mix for about 20 minutes before adding the can of coconut milk.
- Season with salt, pepper, 1 tsp thyme, ½ tsp nutmeg and ½ tsp rosemary and cook the mixture for another 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a large blender and mix until the consistency becomes creamy. If you do not have a big mixer, you can also use an immersion blender.
- Cut the mushrooms into small slices and fry with a little oil, salt and pepper in a small pan.
- Serve the soup in a small bowl and top with 1-2 tbsp of the mushrooms. Add a tiny amount of cayenne pepper - and you are ready!
Looking for more delicious vegan soup recipes?
© Romy London / Romina Callwitz | All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images and content without permission. If you wish to re-publish any recipes or images, please get in touch via email. Thanks for your support!