This Cinnamon Pear Breakfast Smoothie is the perfect quick & easy, but nutritious breakfast on-the-go – super creamy and simply delicious
Some mornings are simply grab and go – and this is where a nutritious but quick & easy breakfast like this Cinnamon Pear Breakfast Smoothie comes in super handy!
If you’re following my Instagram stories, you probably know that I don’t like skipping my breakfast, so even if I have a super early start or things get hectic in the morning, I still like to ensure I have a breakfast option available that’s not only simple and quick to whip up, but also nutritious and keeping me full and satisfied until lunch time. Often times a smoothie is my go to on these occasions – in a travel cup or protein shaker, so I enjoy it on-the-go.
And I have to add, a simple, delicious smoothie that ticks all the boxes is also a great go-to for those mornings where I simply can’t decide what to have for breakfast 😉
If you’ve not tried the combination of banana, cinnamon & pear yet, then oh-boy! You’re in for a treat! I got obsessed with this combination after finding myself wanting a smoothie one morning, and only having bananas and pears in the house. And the rest is history.
Since then I’ve been fairly enjoying this creamy, more-ish combination in a number of smoothies and smoothie bowls – whether on their own or with the addition of protein powders. To round up my breakfast smoothies, I often like to add in protein powder – it helps me hit my protein intake for the day and a breakfast also leaves me feeling full and content for longer if it contains a decent serving of carbs, proteins and fats each.
Vanilla flavoured protein and unflavoured protein both work the best for this recipe as vanilla nicely compliments the flavours without overpowering them. On this occasion I have used the Breakfast Shake from my friends at Nutribuddy that have kindly gifted me a jar of their breakfast shake for this blog post. Their shakes are vegan & gluten free and this breakfast shake consists of a nutritious blend of gluten free oats, seeds and coconut, which has created a deliciously thick and creamy shake, that’s definitely tasted delicious and felt like the perfect breakfast for a busy morning.
Ingredients for the Cinnamon Pear Breakfast Shake
The ingredients in this super quick & easy breakfast recipe are pretty straight forward:
- Banana: The banana adds a delicious creaminess to this recipe and also naturally sweetens your smoothie. You can use both frozen and fresh bananas for this recipe, as it only uses 1/2 banana per portion, I find it easier to use pre-cut frozen banana halves. If you don’t have any to hand, simply swap this out for half of a fresh banana – and then freeze the other half for another day! (clever, right ;))
- Pear: I simply love the combination of banana and pear. Not being an obvious pairing, I think they’re flavours compliment each other really well and you won’t believe it until you’ve tried it yourself. It makes the smoothie taste naturally. sweet and fresh, but creamy at the same time. Simply perfect to start the day with a delicious breakfast! You can also prepare your pear(s) in advance, chop and freeze them – and if needed, peel them. The latter might be important if you’re using non-organic pears as these are often sprayed with pesticides. Freezing both the pear and banana will result in a slightly thicker shake, that’s wonderfully refreshing, especially on a summer morning!
- Cinnamon: Well, if you don’t love cinnamon, you’ve got to fight me, cause I’m simply obsessed with that stuff 😉 It works brilliantly with this creamy breakfast smoothie and if you’re a fan, like me, you might even want to add a little extra on the top. The more, the merrier!
- Plant Milk: My go-to plant-milk for breakfast is usually unsweetened soy milk – mainly as it’s pretty inexpensive compared to others, but also packs an extra serving of protein. On this occasion however I opted for oat milk, as it makes the shake even more creamy, but you’re welcome to use whichever plant milk you have to hand or love the most. Just be careful with using sweetened plant milks, as they might add some unwanted sugars to this breakfast shake.
- Vanilla Protein Powder or Nutribuddy Breakfast Shake: I love starting my day with something nutritious that’ll keep me going and feeling content until lunch time. The key to that is using a meal that includes all 3 of the macro nutrients: carbs, proteins and fats, so I like to add a protein powder (vanilla flavoured works best, but you can use an unflavoured one too) or breakfast shake options to my smoothie. Plus some extra nuts and nut butter on the top, when I’m serving it as a smoothie bowl.
The equipment you will need for this recipe
- Blender: I personally. use a high-speed, high-power blender, but any conventional blender should be able to handle the banana/pear combination and deliver a smooth result.
- Chopping board and a sharp knife to cut and de-seed the pear
- Peeler (optional): you might want to peel your pear if it’s non-organic.
This recipe is:
- 100% vegan
- full of nutrients
- gluten-free (The Nutribuddy Breakfast Shake only uses gluten-free oats)
- free from refined sugar
- super quick
- easy to make
- ready in 5 minutes or less
Super quick & easy Cinnamon Pear Breakfast Smoothie – delicious on the go or as a smoothie bowl.
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 pear
- 2 scoops of vanilla protein (I used this breakfast shake from Nutribuddy)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 300ml plant milk (I used oat milk on this occasion)
- Place your banana and roughly chopped pear (de-seeded) into a blender.
- Pour in the. plant milk first, then add in your dry ingredients: breakfast shake and cinnamon.
- Blend until smooth, then pour into a travel shaker and get on with your day!
If I’m enjoying this shake at home, I like to serve it in a large glass and sprinkle a little extra cinnamon over the top. Alternatively, you can also serve it as a delicious & creamy smoothie bowl. I like to add toppings such as flaked almonds, cacao nibs and nut butters.
By pouring in the plant milk before adding the powders (breakfast shake & cinnamon) you avoid getting the powders stuck to the bottom of your blender.
Don’t worry if you don’t have frozen banana halves to hand. Simply use a fresh one and freeze the other half for another day!
I like to use organic pears for this recipe, that way I don’t have to peel them necessarily. Just wash, de-seed and drop in!
If you want to prep this recipe the night before, you can already chop, de-seed (& peel) your pear and freeze them as well.
And if you want to enjoy this shake on the regular, why not portion your frozen fruit together in portion-sizes, ready to go!
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 345
- Sugar: 21.52
- Sodium: 40
- Fat: 8.5
- Saturated Fat: 1.6
- Unsaturated Fat: 0.37
- Carbohydrates: 56.5
- Fiber: 10.65
- Protein: 14.8
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: Cinnamon Breakfast Smoothie, Cinnamon Pear Breakfast Smoothie, breakfast smoothie, nutribuddy breakfast, nutribuddy breakfast smoothie
Looking for more delicious breakfast recipes? Check out my vegan breakfast recipe section!