• 1 medium sized cauliflower
• 2 Tbsp soy sauce
• 1 tsp liquid smoke
• 1/4 tsp pepper
• 2 Tbsp peanut flour
• 1 1/2 Tbsp peanut butter
• 1 tsp soy sauce (for the sauce)
• salt, pepper to taste
• 1/4 tsp ginger powder
• 1 tsp lemon juice
• cold water
• optional: Sriracha or Hot Sauce
• optional: sesame seeds for topping
1. Simply wash your cauliflower, then starting from the middle, slice the cauliflower in 1cm thick ‘steaks’. The outer parts of the cauliflower cannot be used for the steak as you will see that the florets will fall apart after cutting the middle stems – but hey: the outer parts can be used perfectly for another keto-friendly cauliflower rice recipe 😉
2. Create a light marinade for the cauliflower using soy sauce, liquid smoke and pepper. Add the steak & marinade to a shallow dish to rest it in the marinade for at least 30 minutes.
3. Once the time has elapsed, roll the steak in the peanut flour, then fry the steak in some olive oil, until browning on both sides.
4. To create the topping sauce combine peanut butter, soy sauce, (optional: hot sauce), salt, pepper, ginger powder, lemon juice and a little water with a whisk. Add the water slowly to this mixture whilst whisking and ensure that the sauce remains thick and does not become to watery. Adjust water amount accordingly.
5. Drizzle the peanut sauce across your steak and top with sesame seeds for a little healthy extra fats and a crunch. Enjoy!
Keywords: cauliflower steaks,keto cauliflower steaks, cauliflower steaks recipe