, I have to think of the whole M&S ‘scandal’ and it makes me giggle. What’s funny though is that I originally created this recipe weeks before the infamous cauliflower steak launched at M&S – I must have had a sixth sense there!
But not to worry – nobody will be charging you £2 for a slice of Cauliflower Steaks here as you can very easily re-create this tasty & keto friendly recipe yourself!
I am a huge fan of this keto friendly peanut sauce, which is very similar to the one that I use for my vegan Peanut Noodles recipe – which I also demonstrated at this year’s Vegan Life Live in London. (If you’ve missed it, you can still watch the live recorded video on their Facebook page here)
• 1 medium sized cauliflower
• 2 Tbsp soy sauce
• 1 tsp liquid smoke
• 1/4 tsp pepper
• 2 Tbsp peanut flour
• 1 1/2 Tbsp peanut butter
• 1 tsp soy sauce (for the sauce)
• salt, pepper to taste
• 1/4 tsp ginger powder
• 1 tsp lemon juice
• cold water
• optional: Sriracha or Hot Sauce
• optional: sesame seeds for topping
1. Simply wash your cauliflower, then starting from the middle, slice the cauliflower in 1cm thick ‘steaks’. The outer parts of the cauliflower cannot be used for the steak as you will see that the florets will fall apart after cutting the middle stems – but hey: the outer parts can be used perfectly for another keto-friendly cauliflower rice recipe 😉
2. Create a light marinade for the cauliflower using soy sauce, liquid smoke and pepper. Add the steak & marinade to a shallow dish to rest it in the marinade for at least 30 minutes.
3. Once the time has elapsed, roll the steak in the peanut flour, then fry the steak in some olive oil, until browning on both sides.
4. To create the topping sauce combine peanut butter, soy sauce, (optional: hot sauce), salt, pepper, ginger powder, lemon juice and a little water with a whisk. Add the water slowly to this mixture whilst whisking and ensure that the sauce remains thick and does not become to watery. Adjust water amount accordingly.
5. Drizzle the peanut sauce across your steak and top with sesame seeds for a little healthy extra fats and a crunch. Enjoy!
Keywords: cauliflower steaks,keto cauliflower steaks, cauliflower steaks recipe
Want more keto-friendly recipes? Get in touch via my Instagram account – I’ll happily share some more vegan keto recipe creations!