Kids-friendly Easy Vegan Broccoli Tater Tots – delicious dipping, not only for the kids!
What you’ll need to make these broccoli tater tots
- Bread crumbs (you can use Panko bread crumbs if you’re feeling fancy)
- Garlic powder
- Food processor
How to make these broccoli tater tots
To start with, preheat oven to 180ºC and prepare a baking tray by lining it with non-stick parchment paper.
Next, put your potato in a microwaveable dish, cover it with a plate and microwave it on high for 3 minutes., or boil/steam them if you prefer. Once they’re cooked, let them cool down while you get on with the next step.
Pro Tip: Your potatoes should be easy to pierce with a knife but hard enough to eat – that’s how you’ll know they’re done, so don’t worry if they need a little longer than 3 minutes.
Now you’ll want to take your broccoli and chop the heads into 2-inch pieces and microwave in for 1-2 minutes (again be sure to cover the broccoli bits with a plate). If you’re using frozen broccoli then you can skip this step 😊
Once your broccoli has softened a little, you’ll need to put it through a food processor until it resembles the texture of couscous and feel free to scrape the sides of the food processor if you need to.
Pro Tip: Be careful not to over do it with the food processor otherwise the broccoli will be too wet!
Once it’s ready, transfer 1.5 cups of broccoli into a large bowl.
Next, add your potatoes to the food processor and pulse until it all comes together. Once it’s ready, add the potato mix to the bowl of broccoli along with the breadcrumbs and garlic powder. Once all the ingredients are combined, mix them all together.
Using a large spoon, scoop out some of the mixture and shape it with your hands before placing your broccoli tots onto the prepared baking sheet. Be sure to keep them about 2cm apart so that they don’t stick together!
All the is to do now is bake your homemade broccoli tots for 8-9 minutes on one side and then 5-6 minutes on the other until they turn golden brown.
This recipe is:
- 100% vegan
- dairy free
- egg free
- great for kids!
- healthy and delicious
- super easy to make
- the perfect vegan snack
- deliciously crispy
Kids-friendly Easy Vegan Broccoli Tater Tots – delicious dipping, not only for the kids! Easy to create with only a few simple ingredients.
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1 small head of broccoli
- 3–4 Tbsp bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC and line a baking sheet with non-stick parchment paper.
- Place the potato into a microwavable dish, cover it with a plate and microwave at high for 3 minutes or until they are easy to pierce with a knife but still too hard to eat. Remove from the microwave and let cool. You can also boil or steam the potatoes.
- In the meantime chop the broccoli into 2-inch pieces and microwave in the same way as potatoes for 1-2 minutes. Or, if using frozen and thawed broccoli, skip this step.
- Pulse the broccoli in a food processor, until it has the texture of couscous. Make sure to not over-process the broccoli or it will be too wet. Scrape the sides of the food processor if necessary. Measure 1.5 cups of broccoli and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the potatoes to the food processor and pulse until it all comes together. Add the potato mixture to the bowl with broccoli, add the breadcrumbs, garlic powder and mix together.
- Scoop a large spoonful of the mixture, shape tater tots with your hands. Arrange the tots on the prepared baking sheet, spacing them about 2cm apart.
- Bake for 8–9 minutes. Flip and then bake for an additional 5-6 minutes on the other side until golden.
Keywords: tater tots, kids friendly snacks, kids friendly recipes, vegan kids snacks
Are you looking for more easy and delicious vegan sides and vegan snacks? Why not try some of these vegan recipes: