This green risotto is a fantastic mid-week meal, filled with all the veg-goodness the garden has to offer!
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, medium-size, diced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 50ml vegan friendly white wine
- 200g risotto rice (I used Carnaroli)
- 100g fresh broad beans (weighed as just the beans, not with the pods)
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 130g green peas
- 1 courgette (roughly 200g), shredded
- 100–150ml soya milk
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp dried dill
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Start with a large non-stick skillet and heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add in the diced onion and sprinkle in the salt. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until the onion become translucent.
- Add the garlic to the pan and cook for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Pour the vegan white wine into the pan to deglaze, cook for 1-2 minutes whilst stirring and once the majority of the liquid has evaporated, add in the risotto rice and broad beans.
- Cook for 2 minutes whilst stirring to lightly toast the rice and then add about 1/5 of the vegetable stock. Continuously stir whilst cooking for 20-30 minutes and continue to add more vegetable stock to the pan every time it becomes dry again. Add the stock in small amounts and only add more when the liquid has been soaked up.
- Stir in the green peas and courgette and cook for 5 more minutes, then pour in the plant milk until the risotto is creamy to your liking. Sprinkle in the nutritional yeast and dill, then remove the risotto from the heat.
- Lastly, stir in the fresh lemon juice and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve the risotto right away and garnish with fresh dill. Enjoy!