These Blueberry Oat Crumble Bars are super easy to make, refined sugar free and simply delicious! Serve hot or cold, for breakfast or as dessert.
- Pre-heat your oven to 180C.
- To prepare the base, add the rolled oats into a food processor and pulse for about 1 minute to lightly break them down. Add in the rest of the base ingredients and process until you get a sticky dough.
- Meanwhile, heat the blueberries on the stove over medium heat, then add the maple syrup and stir. Cook until the majority of the blueberries have broken down (5 minutes) and then cook for a further 10 minutes on a low heat to reduce the liquid.
- Sprinkle in the cornflour and swiftly stir it through. Increase the heat to activate the cornflour and cook on high for about 1 minute, whilst constantly stirring, or until the blueberry mixture thickens. Set aside.
- Line a 20x20cm baking tin and evenly press the base into the bottom of the tin. Spread the blueberry mixture across.
- To prepare the crumble, simply combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir until you get sticky clusters.
- Top your blueberry mix with the crumble, then place. everything into the pre-heated oven at 180C for 20-25 minutes or until golden.
- Let it cool down for a minimum of 20 minutes before slicing & enjoy hot or cold!
You can leave out. the pecans or replace them with walnuts or almonds, if you don’t have any to hand.
Keywords: blueberry crumble bars, blueberry oat crumble, blueberry crumble, blueberry oat crumble bars, crumble, crumble squares