For the bean balls:
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp hot sauce (optional)
- 1 can of black beans
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 5 Tbsp rolled oats
- 1 small white onion, roughly chopped
- A handful fresh coriander
- 2 tbsp flaxseeds
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika powder
- A little oil to fry
- 200g spaghetti, prepared according to packaging instructions
- A jar of your favourite pasta sauce
- Caramelised red onion (optional)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients for the black bean balls into a food processor and process until roughly combined, but don’t over mix.
- Using your hands, form little round balls from the mixture and lay them onto a plate. Place them in the fridge for 20 minutes and preheat your oil in a non-stick frying pan in the meantime.
- Fry your bean balls until golden on all sides.
- Prepare your spaghetti according to packaging instructions and serve them with your favourite pasta sauce & the black bean balls.
Keywords: vegan meatballs, black bean meatballs, spaghetti and meatballs, bean meatballs