Homemade Vegan Pizza – a delicious comfort meal that you can easily create from scratch using this simple vegan pizza dough recipe!
- In a large bowl combine strong white bread flour, salt and dry active yeast.
- Create a well in the middle of the flour mix and pour in the lukewarm water.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir the ingredients to combine. Once it becomes too sticky to stir, switch to using your hands.
- On a floured surface, knead the dough with your hands for about 2-3 minutes or until it’s surface is smooth.
- Roll the dough into a ball, place it back into the large mixing bowl and brush with a little olive oil. Cover the bowl with cling film or a clean kitchen towel and place it in a warm, dark place for 2 hrs. Ideally heat your oven to 50 degrees, turn it off and place the bowl inside with the door shut whilst it doubles in size.
- Once the 2 hrs elapse, preheat your oven to 200C. Push the air out of the risen dough, then remove it from the bowl, divide it in two parts and gently knead each half on a lightly floured surface for 1 minute.
- Using your hands shape your pizza base. It’s best to start by press down the ball of dough, then picking it up to carefully stretch it into a larger round shape. Place the dough back down and press it into place with the your fingers. You’re looking to get this dough to about 0.5-1cm thickness.
- Top your pizza with your roasted tomato pizza sauce & favourite toppings, then bake it in the pre-heated oven for 12 minutes.
- Serve hot & enjoy!
Keywords: homemade pizza dough, homemade vegan pizza, vegan pizza, pizza dough recipe, basic pizza dough