Banoffee Cookie Dough Recipe
What you'll need to make this recipe
Ingredients for vegan cookie dough
- banana chips:
I used the banana chips from Grape Tree. For this recipe, we're blending them into banana flour and decorating our cookie dough with some extra banana chips at the end. You can best use a spice grinder or a blender/food processor with a flour setting.
We need 1 tin of chickpeas for this recipe. Make sure to get the unsalted version - simply check the ingredients list on your tin of chickpeas. It should only list chickpeas and water! I love using organic ones for my vegan cookie dough recipes. Drain before adding them to the recipe. A tin is equivalent to 240g drained weight (8.5 oz).
- smooth peanut butter:
The nut butter will help keep everything together for our delicious chickpea cookie dough and it's also the fat source used in this recipe. I like to use the smooth Pip & Nut peanut butter.
- maple syrup:
I love to use Pure Organic Maple Syrup, but you can sub with agave or coconut syrup.
- vanilla extract
A dash of vanilla extract can go a long way and adds wonderfully to the flavor profile of the cookie dough. If using vanilla powder, use only 1/4 tsp as it's much stronger in the aroma.
- coconut sugar:
I used the coconut sugar from Grape Tree. Coconut Sugar is perfect for sweetening delicious vegan desserts and other snacks. In this vegan cookie dough recipe, it adds a wonderful grain that's normally created by caster sugar in cookie dough and it adds a tasty flavor depth to the recipe.
- white vegan chocolate chips:
I've used some simple Tesco Free From white chocolate chips, but you can also use dark chocolate or chop a bar of chocolate into small chunks. I love adding chocolate chips for some extra texture in the cookie dough.
- melted white chocolate to drizzle (optional):
This is totally optional, but it definitely makes the cookie dough jar look super fancy, when you drizzle it with some extra chocolate! Swap the white chocolate for vegan milk or dark chocolate.
- food processor, blender or spice grinder
- large mixing bowl
- serving jars
This recipe is:
- 100% vegan
- naturally gluten-free
- egg free
- easy to make
- ready to eat right away
- filled with wholefoods
- refined sugar free
- simply delicious
- the perfect sweet snack!
You might also enjoy these recipes:
📌 If you love Pinterest you can pin any of the images to your boards!
Banoffee Cookie Dough
- 1 spice grinder to make banana flour
- 1 food processor
- 1 large bowl
- 1 spatula
- 80 g banana chips or banana flour
- 1 7-oz can cooked chickpeas (240g drained weight) drained
- 2 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 65 g coconut sugar
- 25 g vegan white chocolate chips
- If your banana chips are ground into flour yet, then start by placing them into a spice grinder (or similar) and blend them into a fine flour. Set aside.
- Transfer the drained chickpeas, smooth peanut butter, maple syrup and vanilla extract into a food processor and process until smooth and creamy.
- To a large bowl, add the banana flour and stir in the coconut sugar and pinch of salt.
- Pour the wet chickpea mixture into the bowl and stir all ingredients together with a spatula until firm and well combined. Lastly stir in the chocolate chips.
- Divide the cookie dough between 2 serving jars and decorate with some banana chips and melted chocolate (optional).
- Enjoy right away or keep in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
You might also like these sweet vegan treats: