A vegan cheesecake full of nutty flavours! This vegan pistachio cheesecake is perfect for any occasion - made with a nutty pistachio, oat and date base and filled with a wonderfully smooth and creamy pistachio cheesecake filling, baked to perfection!
See notes below for the gluten-free option.
For the crust:
- 100g pistachio kernels
- 100g rolled oats
- a pinch of salt
- 140g dried dates, soaked in hot water for 15 minutes
For the cheesecake filling:
- 100g pistachio kernels, soaked in warm water for 2 hrs
- 400ml coconut milk
- 60 ml maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 300g silken tofu
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- a pinch of salt
- 4 tbsp cornstarch
For the decoration (optional):
- crushed pistachio kernels
- Making the crust: To create the cheesecake crust, place the pistachio kernels into a food processor. Add your rolled oats, a pinch of salt, and the soaked dates. Pulse the food processor for roughly 30 - 60 seconds or until the dates and nuts have broken down and are well mixed. You should end up with a firm dough. Lightly grease a 9-inch cake tin and press the dough against the bottom and corners of the tin.
- Preheating: In the meantime, preheat your oven to 175°C (347°F). To avoid cracks in your cheesecake, place an ovenproof container filled with 1-2 litres of water into the bottom of your oven.
- Preparing the cheesecake filling: Combine the soaked and drained pistachio kernels, coconut milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract, silken tofu, lemon juice, and pinch of salt in a high-speed blender. Blend on the highest settings for 3-4 minutes or until completely smooth. If needed, strain the mix through a sieve before continuing. Blend the cornstarch into the mix for 1 minute, then pour the cheesecake mixture into the cake tin and place it in the preheated oven.
- Baking: Bake the cheesecake for 15 minutes at 175°C (347°F), then reduce the heat to 160°C (320°F) and bake for a further 30-35 minutes.
- Cooldown and serving: Once baked, carefully remove the cake from the oven and allow for it to cool down completely before decorating with crushed pistachios. Cut the cake into slices and enjoy alongside a dollop of dairy-free whipped cream.
To make this recipe gluten-free, simply use gluten-free oats for the cheesecake base.
Keywords: pistachio cheesecake, vegan cheesecake, baked cheesecake, cheesecake, pistachio, baked vegan cheesecake, vegan pistachio cheesecake