- 3 Tbsp Vegan butter
- 5 Tbsp Maple syrup
- 4 Large Apples
- 1 tsp. Vanilla powder
- 250g Spelt flour
- 2 tsp. Baking powder
- 1 tsp. Baking soda
- 1 tsp. Salt
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Nutmeg
- ¼ tsp Cardamom
- A pinch of cloves
- 150ml Rebel Kitchen Semi-Skimmed Mylk
- Coconut Oil
- 2 Tbsp Maple syrup
- Preheat your oven to 180C.
- Peel and chop 2 of the large apples, and transfer them to a small saucepan, covering them with boiling water. Cook on medium heat until the apple softens and the water starts to evaporate.
- Transfer the cooked apples to a blender and blend until you get a smooth apple puree. Pour the puree back into the saucepan and cook for another 2 minutes whilst stirring. Remove from the heat and set aside
- In a large bowl combine the vegan butter and maple syrup.
- Add the apple sauce and vanilla powder and stir together until combined.
- Carefully sift in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices
- Whilst stirring, gradually add in the Mylk and mix until fully combined.
- Peel and chop 1.5 apples and fold the apple chunks into the mixture.
- Grease a bread pan with coconut oil, then pour the batter into the pan. Peel the leftover apple half, cut it into slices and place the slices on top of the loaf for decoration. Drizzle 2 Tbsp of maple syrup on top, then transfer the loaf to the oven and bake at 180 degrees for 35-45 minutes.
- Let the loaf cool before slicing. Serve plain, with vegan butter and maple syrup, nut butters or whatever you like.
Keywords: Apple Pie Bread