- In a double boiler melt the dark chocolate. Add about 1 Tbsp of melted chocolate into each of 3 moulds (amount may vary slightly depending on the size of your mould) and move the chocolate around to coat the sides and bottom with a thin layer. Place the moulds into the freezer for 5-10 minutes for the chocolate to set.
- In a mixing bowl combine the plain coconut yoghurt with the protein powder, cacao powder and maple syrup. Whisk up all the ingredients until smoothly combined, then transfer the mix to a piping bag.
- Evenly divide the protein ice cream filling into the ice cream moulds and place them back into your freezer for a minimum of 30 minutes or until set.
- Coat the top of the frozen popsicles with chocolate and place in the freezer to set for 5 minutes. Drizzle any excess melted chocolate over the top and instantly decorate with crushed hazelnuts.
- The. popsicles are ready to enjoy after 5 more minutes in the freezer, or keep them in there until you’re ready for a refreshing, protein loaded snack!
You can also spoon the mix until the ice cream moulds, instead of using a piping bag. However if you’re looking for the smoothest possible result without air bubbles, I recommend using a piping bag.
The amount of ingredients you need for your popsicles might slightly vary depending on the size of the moulds that you’re using. I’ve used these moulds from Amazon, and the ingredients outlined above made 3 popsicles. Please feel free to adjust the amounts of ingredients to suit your moulds, if you’re using a different size.
Keywords: vegan ice cream, protein ice cream, high protein snacks, vegan protein snacks, vegan protein, vegan ice cream, vegan magnums, homemade magnums,