Making lentil salads great again: these roasted cabbage wedges definitely add the special something to your dish!
Served on a bed of lentils & with a drizzle of vegan yoghurt dressing.
- 1 small cabbage
- 1 tin green lentils
- a handful of fresh parsley
For the marinade:
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp fine salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp water (optional)
For the yoghurt dressing:
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 Tbsp vegan yoghurt
- 1/2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar (or white wine vinegar)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Pre-heat your oven to 190C. Wash & slice the your cabbage into wedges of 1cm thickness and place them on a baking tray with non-stick baking parchment.
- Combine all ingredients for the marinade and brush the wedges with the marinade. Place them in the oven and roast for 20-25 minutes or until golden.
- Drain the tin of lentils and chop the fresh parsley, combine both and plate them on a serving dish. Place the roasted wedges on top.
- Whip up the yoghurt dip by simply combining the ingredients in a small bowl. Drizzle over the top of your dish & serve immediately.
Keywords: roasted cabbage, roasted cabbage wedges, cabbage wedges, roasted cabbage salad, lentil salad