This One Pot Coconut Curry Pasta is the perfect nutritious meal for when you’ve simply got no time to stand in the kitchen for too long. And the best thing about it: There’s not much washing up either!
This recipe is using high-protein green lentil penne and an addition of chickpeas for a delicious serving of plant-based protein.
- 1 Tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 thumb-size piece of fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 4 Tbsp curry powder
- 1 Tbsp garam masala
- 1 tin chickpeas (400g)
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 250g green lentil penne (I used Explore Cuisine!)
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tin coconut milk
- 300ml water
- salt & black pepper to taste
To serve (optional):
- spring onions
- fresh coriander
- sesame seeds
- Add a 1 Tbsp rapeseed oil to a large non-stick pan over medium heat, then add in your chopped onions and sauté for a minute. Crush the garlic and finely chop the fresh ginger, add it to the pan and cook for another 2 minutes whilst stirring regularly.
- Sprinkle in the curry powder and garam masala and stir to combine everything. Drain the chickpeas and add them to the pan alongside the chopped bell peppers and green lentil penne.
- Gently pour in a tin of chopped tomatoes and a tin of coconut milk mix everything together. Add 300ml water and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to medium/low, pop a lid onto the pan and let everything simmer for 10 minutes. Season to taste with salt & pepper.
- Serve the One Pot Coconut Curry Pasta with spring onions, fresh coriander and sesame seeds.
You can swap out the chickpeas and veggies for your favourites! Aubergine, broccoli and spinach all work really well with the curry pasta so just go with what you have to hand.
Keywords: One pot curry pasta, vegan one pot pasta, one pot coconut curry, one pot pasta