Delicious, crunchy vegan apple crackers! Perfect alongside savoury dips, with a wonderful tart & lightly sweet flavour. Made in the oven.
- 6 Granny Smith apples
- 120g milled flaxseeds
- 6tsp sriracha
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 6 Tbsp fresh apple juice
- 3 tsp maple syrup
- 7 Tbsp plain gluten free flour
- Spicy Butter Bean Dip
- The Ultimate Vegan Cheese Sauce
- Peel, de-core and roughly cut the apples. In the meantime preheat your oven to 100C.
- Grate the apples with a Magimix (fine) or with a manual grater by hand. Wrap the shredded apple in a muslin cloth or clean kitchen towel and, squeeze out as much apple juice as possible, whilst catching the juice in a bowl below.
- Combine the apple shreds in a bowl with the rest of the ingredients, using a few tablespoons of the leftover apple juice as liquid. Knead the dough with your hands, then roll it into a ball and set aside for 5-10 minutes.
- Gently roll out the cracker dough between 2 non-stick baking sheets to 1-2mm thickness (non-stick silicone sheet). Using a pizza cutter gently pre-cut your cracker shapes. It’ll make it easier to break them into shapes after the baking process.
- Place the crackers in the oven for 30-45 minutes at 100 degrees to dehydrate. If your oven allows, leave the oven door a crack open to let any moisture escape.
- Leave the crackers to cool down entirely before breaking them into their individual pieces.
- Keep the crackers in an air tight container for up to 7 days and serve with a delicious homemade dip!
Keywords: apple crackers, vegan crackers recipe, flaxseed crackers, vegan crackers, vegan apple crackers