The ultimate vegan cheese sauce – inspired by my Vegan Cheese Smoothie Bowl as seen on Crazy Delicious!
- 550g potato, cooked
- 350 carrots, cooked
- 100g smooth cashew butter
- 5 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 80ml coconut milk
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp pickle brine
- 3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 Tbsp tapioca starch
- 5 Tbsp water
- Peel and cut the potatoes and carrots. Cook them in salted water until soft, then drain the water.
- Add all ingredients (minus the tapioca starch) to a blender. Blend on high speed until you get a smooth consistency.
- Combine the tapioca starch and water, then add this tapioca slurry into the blender and blend for 1 minute on high speed.
- Transfer the sauce to a saucepan, gently heat for 5 minutes on medium heat to activate the tapioca. Keep warm until ready to serve.
Serve this vegan cheese sauce alongside my raspberry chutney, just like I did on Crazy Delicious!
Instead of cashew butter you can also use cashew nuts. Make sure. to either soak them in cold water for 4-6 hrs or boil them for 20 minutes (for the quick version) before adding them to the recipe.
Keywords: vegan cheese sauce, vegan cheese recipe, vegan cheese sauce recipe, easy vegan cheese