- 4 sliced of wholewheat bread
For the curried hummus:
- 1 tin of chickpeas
- 1 Tbsp tahini
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- a little water
For the tofu:
- fresh parsley
- sesame seeds
- smoked paprika powder
- vegan mayo
- Toast the wholewheat bread slices.
- Combine all ingredients for the curried hummus in a food processor and blend until smooth. Add only a little water at a time until you get the perfect consistency. Alternatively you can use a blender or stick blender.
- It’s optional to press your tofu, but for the perfect consistency I recommend pressing the tofu for at least 8 hrs prior to frying it. If you’re in a rush, omit this step.
- Cut the tofu into 0.5cm slices. Heat a little oil in a frying pan and once pan and oil are hot, add the tofu slices and fry until slightly crispy on both sides.
- Add in the mushrooms and cook for a further 5 mins on low heat, then add the coconut aminos and remove from the heat after 1 minute.
- Assemble the sandwich, then top with fresh parsley, mayo, sesame seeds and smoked paprika.
Keywords: curried hummus, curried hummus sandwich, vegan sandwich recipe, vegan sandwich